USPTA now accepting applications for CEO/Executive Director
- Deadline for applications is July 15 -
The United States Professional Tennis Association is now accepting applications for qualified candidates to serve as USPTA CEO/Executive Director. For complete details, including a position description and application form, see below:
Deadline for applications is JULY 15, 2012.
USPTA Chief Executive Officer/Executive Director Job Description
Reports to: USPTA Board of Directors and Executive Committee
Supervises: All personnel employed by USPTA and independent contractors associated with USPTA
Salary Range: $200,000+ depending on qualifications and experience, plus benefit package
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
- Experience as an Executive Director, General Manager, Company President or leader of an Association
- Experience managing multimillion dollar operating budgets
- Well-known and respected figure by U.S. and international tennis communities/industries
- Excellent leadership, management, delegation, public relations and multitasking skills
- Management of complex capital projects required
- Experience with leading and managing a diverse organization
- Not-for-profit experience
- Exceptional tennis knowledge
- Excellent negotiation skills related to contracts and endorsements
- Event planning and project management skills
- Experience working with volunteer committees
- Excellent public speaking and communication skills
- Minimum bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Ability to travel
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Visionary thinking, with long term, insightful view of the tennis industry and uses this to focus the USPTA. Knowledgeable of emerging and future trends that will affect the Association. Able to clearly envision and communicate the future of the Association.
- Create a culture that fosters trust, confidence and loyalty from others. Demonstrates the highest integrity. Is consistently fair and respectful with people regardless of the situation. Bases decisions on ethics and principles as well as business needs. Characteristics of a successful CEO/ED will include honesty, straightforwardness, integrity, accountability, leadership and dedication.
- Collaborate to create win-win solutions. Resolves conflicts in a constructive manner. Works for the good of the total USPTA organization, not just a portion of it. Develops networks and alliances across the tennis universe.
- Use strategic planning to include developing broad strategies that will yield desired business results. Make sure strategies are long term and applied to multiple stakeholders. Strategies to result in acquiring or maintaining a competitive edge. Accounts for potential threats and opportunities in strategic planning.
- Organizational implementation - Ensures that strategies are operational with the involvement of appropriate people. Makes sure accountabilities and expectations are clear. Uses a process for following up to ensure quality of implementation. Able to orchestrate complex strategy implementation across the organization.
- Results oriented - Driven to obtain top results for the Association. Ensures actions that result in meeting Association goals. Provides persistent focus on quality as well as results. Is member driven.
- Able to inspire and motivate others, earn the respect of the members, employees, and the tennis industry at large.
- Conducts himself or herself in a responsible and professional manner at all times while at or away from the World Headquarters and encourages other staff members to do the same to reflect the proper image of the Association throughout the tennis industry.
- Must demonstrate interpersonal relations skills; be an excellent communicator and a competent administrator; and must be able to effectively communicate the Association's vision.
- Ability to set goals and objectives as well as delegate to and coach the department managers and their staffs.
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams and multidisciplinary projects.
- Displays sound judgment and diplomacy.
- Financial aptitude commensurate with executive duties.
- Attends conferences, workshops and meetings to keep abreast of current information and developments in the field to enhance his or her value and quality of services to the members.
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
- Serve as Chief Executive Officer/Executive Director of the Association.
- Manage all aspects of the Association, including its activities and the relationships between the Association and its Board of Directors, Executive Committee, members, guests, employees, community, government and industry.
- Coordinate and administer the Association's policies.
- Develop operating policies and procedures and direct the work of all department managers.
- Implement and monitor the budget, monitor the quality of the Association's products and services and ensure maximum member and guest satisfaction.
- Secure and protect the Association's assets including facilities and equipment.
| ||© 2013, United States Professional Tennis Association Inc. All rights reserved.|