Florida Division Executive Director
The Executive Director of a Division will run the day to day operations of the Division. This position is responsible for all administrative tasks associated with the Division. Individuals will assist the President and Division Board of Directors. Individuals will serve as a liaison to the USPTA network on a national, divisional, and regional level and to the divisional committees.
This position will be a part time position requiring 10-15 hours per week on average (varies by Division), and 2 - 4 traveling weekends per year. Potential to become full time if workload permits. Individual is required to attend divisional board meetings, conference calls, Divisional Leaders Training Workshop, April Executive Committee meeting, and divisional convention, workshops, one day events, and National conference. This individual will report to the Division President and Division Board of Directors.
- Give direction to and coordinate with USPTA district organizations
- Prepare agendas and minutes for meetings, conference calls and committees.
- Oversee divisional communications and dissemination of information throughout the division and general communities (quarterly newsletter, brochure, e-blast etc.)
- Manage and maintain division website
- Responsible for all division public relations, media relations and promotional activities
- Develop and manage yearly budgets and quarterly reports for the Division reporting to the national office
- Attendance at USPTA meetings/events:
- World Conference
- Divisional Conference
- Board conference calls
- Board meetings
- District/Sectional/state meetings
- Division Leaders Training Workshop and April Executive Committee meeting
- Monthly conference call with John Embree and other EDs
- Conventions, workshops, and one day events
- Plan and execute arrangements for divisional conference
- Produce convention emails, postcards, brochures, fliers, online advertising
- Coordinate travel arrangement for speakers
- Work the registration desk at events
- Taking care of APC points
- Plan divisional party at national conference
- Plan and execute arrangements for specialty courses
- Membership development:
- Supervise, coordinate and implement all facets of membership development with the board
- Work closely with the head tester
- Generate membership reports using USPTA Divisions Online
- Welcome letters to new and reinstated members
- Updates to district presidents on membership status
- Develop sponsorship opportunities for the division that will not conflict with national endorsees.
- Pursue and nurture partnerships with other tennis and sports organizations within the division to promote the growth of tennis and the USPTA (e.g. USTA, CMAA, IHRSA)
- Required to attend one training session at the USPTA World Headquarters within three months of employment.
- Other duties as assigned by the Division Board and USPTA National Staff
Required Education and Experience:
- Current USPTA member
- 2-5 years of tennis teaching experience
Salary Range: This position will be paid on a salaried basis starting at $35,000 annually for part time.
**Must reside in the state of Florida to be considered for this position**
To apply, please email USPTA Florida President Joe D'Aleo at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume and cover letter.
The USPTA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The USPTA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, and recall, leaves of absence, compensation and training.