Member Services Coordinator
The Membership Services Coordinator plays a key role in promoting the benefits of USPTA membership as well as servicing the needs of our current and future members. This position is responsible for answering all membership inquires as well as processing current, new, or future members.
- Respond to membership and insurance inquires via phone or email
- Process new applications from potential members
- Communicate with new applicants via phone or email and send out study materials
- Compile and mail out welcome packages with membership information
- Grade written exams and update test scores in database
- Troubleshoot questions from members with problems accessing online exams
- Prepare and send out new member packages
- Collect and process payments for new applicants, annual dues, reinstatements, and insurance products
- Communicate with liability insurance company for additional insureds and certificates of insurance requests
- Issue certificates and insurance verification letters to members who request them
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Written communication skills
- Teamwork Capacity
- Strong Organizational skills
- Multi-tasking Skills
- Time management
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED diploma
1-3 years of customer service experience
Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Experience with insurance
Knowledge of IMIS database software
This role has no supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and typical hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change based on the needs of the office or strengths of the candidate at any time with or without notice
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The USPTA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The USPTA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The USPTA expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of USPTA employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to the Dana.Dasch@uspta.org.