The award-winning USPTA multi-media department is looking for a star to join its dynamic team. The position requires professional quality shooting and editing of tennis-related video, as well as the creation of educational courses for our certification pathway. Must be highly skilled in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Media Encoder and Audition. Projects include (but are not limited to): On-line course creation, tennis instructional videos, marketing campaigns, commercials, social media, and promotional content.
- Edit and shoot video for various projects and platforms
- Creation of on-line educational courses and modules
- Setup/breakdown of equipment at beginning/end of shoot
- Maintain assets and projects using orderly archiving system
- Conceptualize and design animations assigned by Production Manager
- Work with creative team to ensure deadlines and client expectations are met
- Responsible for care and maintenance of production equipment
- Participate in creative brainstorming meetings
- Perform other job-related duties as requested
- Extensive knowledge about the sport of tennis
- Advanced video editing, videography, and motion graphic design skills
- Exceptional writing / producing / story-telling ability
- Strong communication skills
- Highly organized with significant attention to detail
- Solid work ethic
- Team player
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to change
- Effective problem solver
- Positive attitude with a passion for raising the creative bar
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in a creative and corporate environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to take feedback and creative critique
Required Education and Experience
- 2+ years of experience in video production
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Media Encoder)
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and deliver high-end video content
- Technologically savvy with ability to problem solve production related issues
- Ability to provide a list of references, credits, and demo reel
- Background in LMS and E-Learning Course Design
- Previous experience working in sports related field
- Experience with Avid Media Composer
- 3D software such as Element 3D and Cinema 4D
This role has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This job also operates outside of the office in various shooting locations in all types of weather.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. During production, this position must regularly lift up to 30 pounds. Production days can be long and taxing and may take place in extreme heat and humidity.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and typical hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
40-hour work week, M-F 8:30-5:00. Enjoy free court time at the USTA National Campus. Receive discounts on tennis apparel and equipment. Thrive in a bright, beautiful workspace with team-building events and special summer hours. This is the ultimate job for a tennis-loving videophile!
The USPTA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The USPTA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, and recall, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The USPTA expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of USPTA employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
We do temperature checks each morning on all staff and visitors. We practice social distancing and wear masks while away from our desks. We have hand sanitizer stations set up throughout the building.
- Adobe Premiere: 2 years (Required)
- building educational modules: 1 year (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Send resume to Human Resources at Careers@USPTA.org. No Phone calls please.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place