Take Charge of Your Career and Earning Potential in the Racquets Sports Business. Become a Certified USPTA Director of Racquet Sports by completing our new curriculum, which is being delivered through the University of Florida
UF is delivering the new curriculum in two ways, through a continuing education option and as a part of the Sport Management Masters degree program. Both programs are 100 percent online.
Whether you chose the full masters degree, which involves 36 college credit hours or the continuing education, non-credit option, you will receive the USPTA’s full Director of Racquet Sports curriculum.
You will learn what it takes to be a successful director of racquet sports and business
teammate through interactive, online classes designed by experienced leaders in
the field. You will develop your expertise in:
- Sport Management knowledge
- Program Development
- Human Relations
- Facility Operations
- Innovating the customer experience
- Business Leadership and Culture Development
Other details about this program are:
- 100% online
- Learn from current and former Directors and industry experts
- One curriculum option can be completed as quickly as 3 months
The Director of Racquet Sports curriculum was created in a collaboration between USPTA and USTA:
- Strategy and vision to build passionate players
- Staff development and culture
- Budgeting and payroll management
- Facilities maintenance and enhancement
- Programming excellence and member excitement
- Complementary racquet sport considerations
- Personal professional leadership
Meets the increasing industry demand for professional development and competencies in all area of the tennis and racquets business in Private Clubs and Public Facilities. Become an industry influencer!
Two Options for Online Study Hosted by the University of Florida Sports Management Program
| Self-Paced Continuing Education
- Covers the content of 6 masters credit hours on the business of tennis and racquet leadership and management.
- Learn via video, text problem-based projects.
- Finish as soon as 3 months.
|Masters Degree with Specialization as a Director of Racquet Sports
- 36 hours of study, including the business of tennis plus coaching education, sport law, event management, leadership, research concepts, ethics and sociology of sports.
| Introductory Rate of $1,995
|Cost Per Credit Hour: $585
Financial Aid available
University of Florida Racquet Sports Director
All UF students that successfully complete this specialization will have met the educational requirements and will have passed the USTA/USPTA Director of Tennis Certification Exam.
However, in addition to passing these educational requirements conferred by UF, the USPTA and USTA require the following additional qualifications to be eligible to receive a USPTA Director of Racquet Sports Certification:
- Minimum of three years of experience as a tennis professional.
- Minimum of one year’s experience in a supervisory or leadership role within the tennis industry (e.g., tennis director, head tennis professional, assistant head tennis professional, program director, etc.)
- USPTA Elite Professional Rating
- Complete a program application that includes the following:
- Letter of recommendation from current supervisor
- Copy of most recent resume
- Be a member in good standing of the USPTA
Get more information and become an influencer in tennis TODAY
For further information, contact Kim Bastable, USPTA, University of Florida Director of Professional Tennis Management: