USPTA Master Professional is the highest, most esteemed category of membership. Qualified applicants must hold an Elite Professional rating for 10 years, complete a required number of continuing education hours and fulfill a broad spectrum of industry service. The Master Professional Committee makes the final decision on the review of applicants. Master Professionals are required to earn 6 credits every 3 years to maintain their membership. These members should be capable of high-level positions such as general manager, director of tennis operations or director of tennis.

Master Professional application
Creating an electronic scrapbook (PDF)

All electronic scrapbooks must be received by May 1, 2019, for committee review and presentation at the 2019 USPTA World Conference. Scrapbooks sent after this date will be returned to the sender. Should you have any additional questions please reach out to Master Pro liaison Sid Newcomb via email at

This is a teaching category requiring successful completion of the USPTA Certification Exam, leading to a certification rating of Professional.

Certification is intended for those at least 18 years old who derive or intend to derive a major portion of income from teaching tennis. To qualify for certified membership, a professional must meet all application, exam and experience requirements, and must agree to abide by the USPTA Code of Ethics. Non-U.S. citizens who cannot legally work in the United States, but do meet all other requirements for certified membership, may join the Association as International Division members. International members are not covered by the protection of USPTA's on-court liability insurance policy. Non-U.S. membership does not imply that USPTA sponsors these members to immigrate to the United States to work as tennis-teaching professionals. U.S. labor certification laws apply in these cases.

In order for USPTA to send mail to noncitizens at a U.S. address, the World Headquarters must receive a copy of either the alien registration card (green card) or a student or work visa.