On behalf of the Master Professional Selection Committee, I would like to commend you on your interest in pursuing the highest level of certification the USPTA has to offer. Your desire to achieve Master Pro status speaks to your dedication to become the best tennis professional you can. Your students and fellow professionals will certainly reap the benefits of this.
Some of you may be at a point in your career in which you are nearing the ability to fully complete the Master Professional application. Others may be simply reviewing the application so that they can get themselves on track to achieving this in the future.
Regardless of where you are in your journey, I offer you these helpful tips as you enter your quest to become a USPTA Master Professional:
- Don’t wait until the end to seek out documentation of all of your accomplishments. Save this documentation with everything you do (articles, tips, volunteer positions, etc.). File it away in a folder so that you can easily call upon it when you decide to fill out your Master Professional application.
- Many tennis publications are always looking for educational pieces. Don’t be shy. Submit tips, drills and articles to ADDvantage magazine, your divisional newsletter and other accepted tennis publications. If it’s a quality piece, it will find its way in somewhere. This will provide you with points in Section 2 (Research, Publications and Communications).
- USPTA and USTA are always looking for volunteers to fill board and committee positions. Reach out to your local or regional leadership and inquire about a role for you. This will be helpful in earning points in Section 3 (Service to the Tennis Industry).
- Attend your local and Divisional USPTA conferences. This will give you points in Section 5 (Participation and Self-Improvement). It will also allow you to network and open up more doors that may help your application as well as your career!
- Start taking Specialty Courses (for Section 6) early on in your tennis career. They are typically available at your divisional conferences as well as the World Conference. Applicants need a total of 20 total courses. Some courses can be purchased from USPTA World Headquarters on DVD.
Ultimately, I invite you to reach to me if you seek further advice or wisdom on successfully completing your Master Professional Application.
All the best in becoming a USPTA Master Professional!
USPTA Master Professional Selection Committee
Master Professional application
Creating an electronic scrapbook (PDF)
All electronic scrapbooks must be received by May 1, 2020, for committee review and presentation at the 2020 USPTA World Conference. Scrapbooks sent after this date will be returned to the sender. Should you have any additional questions please reach out to Master Pro liaison Sid Newcomb via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.