Position: Certification Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Certification and Education
The Certification Coordinator is responsible to manage the certification process and execution of all tennis and complimentary racquet sports with the USPTA. This position ensures that all certification projects and goals are met while adhering to the USPTA mission and vision statements. In addition, the Certification Coordinator will assist the membership team with any certification needs and support the department as necessary during peak times.
- Coordinates the administrative operations of certification programs
- Oversight of development standards and testing materials
- Build registration events for Teaching Essentials 1, Teaching Essentials 2, Teaching Essentials 3, Pickleball, Platform, etc.
- Publish all Platform and Padel events
- Review, process and post all test grades and assignments in database
- Supply rosters and blackboard materials for all events to Coach Developers
- Process all grading for events (Teaching Essentials 1, Teaching Essentials 2,Teaching Essentials 3, Pickleball, Platform, Padel, Elite Upgrades, etc.)
- Manage and maintain all Coach Developer Contracts
- Provide to Coach Developers: protocol, process, and procedures for events
- Organization, guidance, and support for all upcoming events to Coach Developers (Testers Reports, Roster Management, Event Protocols, etc.)
- Development of new protocol and processing expense reporting for Coach Developers
- Managing of stipends to be paid for each event for Coach Developers
- Quality control and assessment of events (Survey, feedback, etc.)
- Bi-weekly analytics reporting and evaluation to direct reports
- Troubleshoot questions from members with problems accessing online content
- Communicate with new applicants via phone or email and send out study materials
- Collect and process payments for new applicants, annual dues, reinstatements, etc.
- Respond to certification inquires via phone and email
- Assist the membership department with calls and emails during peak times
- Multi-tasking and time management skills
- Initiative and decision making
- Strong Organizational skills
- Analyzing and problem solving
- Leading and engaging
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Written communication skills
- Teamwork capacity
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field
- 3-5 years of customer service experience
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Tennis experience
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to raise the standards of tennis teaching professionals
- Knowledge of IMIS and Blackboard
This role has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. This position may require walking primarily on a level surface for periods of time as well as reaching above shoulder heights or below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques are required. This position may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds for files and computer printouts.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and typical hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
One week of travel is required for this position to attend our annual World Conference. There may be a few other times throughout the year where this position is required to travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
The USPTA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The USPTA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, and recall, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The USPTA expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of USPTA employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.