Q: What do I have to do to remain a member in good standing?
A: To be considered a member in good standing, all active USPTA members, except retired members, must:
- Submit their annual dues
- Earn 12 continuing education credits over a three-year period
- Complete SafePlay training and a background check every two years. The USTA will cover these costs.

Q: How to access your documents
A: Please visit documents.uspta.com and provide your last name and membership number. This will grant you access to your membership certificate, insurance verification letter, and other documents for your personal and professional use.

Q: If I am 65 years and older do, I need to complete education requirements?
A: All Professional members 65+ years of age are not required to earn continuing education credits.

Q: How often does Safeplay and background check need to be renewed?
A: Safe Play and background check compliance is valid for 1 year. Members will need to visit www.usta.com/safeplay to take the Safe Play refresher course each year as well as re-submit their background check.

Q: How long do I need to be an Elite Professional before applying to be a Master Professional?
A: All Elite professionals must have 10 years of teaching at the Elite level in order to apply for Master Professional status.

Q: How do I reinstate if I am a Dropped Member?
A: Reinstatement includes payment of the non-refundable $100 reinstatement fee, up-to-date compliance with continuing education (12 credits earned in 3-year window), and payment of prorated annual membership dues. Members who allow their membership to enter DROPPED status more than twice will be required to pay the following year’s dues in full before being reinstated. 

Q: If I am suspended will my dues be Pro-rated?
A: Your dues will not be pro-rated if you are a suspended member. You will need to pay your full dues as suspended members still have access to education and updates through the USPTA.

International Member FAQ’s
Q: Do I need to complete the education requirement to remain a good member in standing?
A: Continuing education credits are not required of International Members.

Q: How can I access Fromuth?
A: Fromuth cannot be accessed if you are international as Fromuth does not ship internationally. If you have a residence in the United States, please let the Membership team know so they assist accordingly.

Frequently Asked Questions