Director of Membership
The Director of Membership oversees a wide range of Membership Department functions including testing and membership services. This position also serves as the staff liaison to the Membership Committee, Global Committee and several other committees.
- Oversee the Membership Department staff and functions
- Point person for all member communications
- Process applicants into iMIS database
- Oversee correspondence of site information to each applicant
- Oversee follow up communication with applicants and members
- Process payments for dues and upgrades
- Assign online written and grip exam to applicants & upgrades
- Troubleshoot issues with the Learning Management System software
- Work with Membership Committee on various projects
- Correspond with membership chairs on retaining members
- Prepare department reports as needed
- Onboarding of new initiatives for applicants and new certified pros
- Review requests for equivalencies from international tennis associations
- Prepares annual and semi-annual reviews for all Membership team members
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Teamwork Capacity
- Strong Organizational skills
- Multi-tasking Skills
- Time management
- Performance management
- Technology driven
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5-10 years of customer service experience in an office setting
- Previous management experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of iMIS database
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems
- Bachelor’s degree
- Tennis experience
This role oversees the Membership Department Staff
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. This position may require walking primarily on a level surface for periods of time as well as reaching above shoulder heights or below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques are required. This position may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds for files and computer printouts.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and typical hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some night and weekend committee conference calls are required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
To apply, please email send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The USPTA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The USPTA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, and recall, leaves of absence, compensation and training.