Position: Graphic Design Specialist
Reports to: Director of Communications & Marketing
The Graphic Design Specialist creates and oversees all graphic design needs and requirements for the USPTA. This position uses knowledge of current graphic design software to produce graphic art and visual materials for promotions, advertisements, films, packaging, and informative and instructional material through a variety of media outlets such as websites, magazines and social media.
- Responsible for USPTA ADDvantage magazine layout (10 issues per year).
- Works within the communications department to create magazine advertisements for USPTA products and services for a variety of publications including ADDvantage magazine, Tennis magazine, Inside Tennis and other industry magazines.
- Designs ads/banners for websites including uspta.com and tennisresources.com to promote USPTA products and services.
- Edits USPTA website with graphics and text.
- Conceptualizes and creates logos and content for the annual USPTA World Conference which includes, t-shirts, banners, mobile App, registration event page, program etc.
- Develops designs for information booklets and event programs
- Creates graphics for email blasts and newsletters for USPTA National and all 17 Divisions
- Assist Education department in designing courses for new Learning Management System as needed
- Assists in creating/editing the World Conference content in the mobile App
- Takes professional photographs as needed
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
- Communication proficiency
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Written communication skills
- Teamwork capacity
- Strong organizational skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Time management
- Project management
- Ability to work independently
Required Education and Experience
- Associates degree in graphic design or related field
- Minimum 2-5 years of graphic design experience
- Advanced computer knowledge including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Pro, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, file management
- Ability to operate a camera to take professional photographs
- Tennis experience
- Experience using the following software: Articulate 360, iMIS Rise, Mosaic, Mailchimp, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Media Encoder and Blackboard Ultra
- Ability to create motion graphics using After Effects and Cinema 4D
This role has no supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and typical hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.