Are you a topflight video professional with a passion for sports? Are you a strong leader with the ability to multitask, solve problems, create high-quality video content, and meet delivery deadlines? Are you a creative team player who thrives on interdepartmental collaboration? If so, then you might be the person we’ve been looking for.
The United States Professional Tennis Association (USPTA Inc.) is the world leader in tennis-teaching certification and education. In the role of Multimedia Manager, you will lead a small department of content creators dedicated to supporting our membership and growing our well-established brand.
This position requires professional quality editing (and shooting) of tennis-related video, as well as the creation of educational courses for our coaching certification pathway. The successful candidate must be highly skilled in Adobe Creative Suite, (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Media Encoder and Audition.) Projects include (but are not limited to): Tennis instructional videos, marketing campaigns, commercials, social media content, video tributes, and on-line educational courses.
- Ability to manage and run a small creative department, which includes, assigning projects, overseeing shoots and edits to create content for multiple platforms
- Daily, hands-on video editing of tennis-related projects.
- Occasional hands-on shooting/directing of various video projects including on-court tennis instruction.
- Creation of on-line educational courses and modules
- Setup/breakdown of equipment at beginning/end of shoot
- Maintaining assets and projects using orderly archiving system
- Conceptualization and design of graphic animations as needed
- Lead and work with creative team to ensure deadlines and client satisfaction
- Responsible for the supervision, care and maintenance of production equipment
- Participate in creative brainstorming meetings
- Perform other job-related duties as requested
- Strong leadership capabilities with the ability to liaise with other employees as well as members and organizational partners
- Extensive knowledge about the sport of tennis is highly desirable
- Advanced video editing, videography, and motion graphic design skills
- Exceptional WRITING / producing / story-telling ability
- Strong communication skills
- Highly organized with significant attention to detail
- Some experience in educational course design
- Vigorous work ethic
- Team player
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to change
- Effective problem solver
- Positive attitude with a passion for raising the creative bar
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in a creative and corporate environment.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to take feedback and creative critique
Required Education and Experience
- 5 years of experience in video production
- Effective leadership experience
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Media Encoder.)
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and deliver high-end video content
- Technologically savvy with ability to problem solve production related issues
- Ability to provide a list of references, credits, and demo reel
- Background in LMS and E-Learning Course Design
- Previous experience working in sports related field
- Experience with Avid Media Composer helpful
- 3D software such as Element 3D and Cinema 4D
This role currently has one direct report.
This job is based at the USPTA World Headquarters in Lake Nona, Florida. The building is located next door to the USTA National Campus (the Home of American Tennis). Employees work in a professional office environment and use standard equipment such as computers, printers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This job also operates outside of the office in various shooting locations in all types of weather.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. During production, this position must regularly lift up to 30 pounds. Production days can be long and taxing and may take place in extreme heat and humidity.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and typical hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Once a year, the Multimedia Manager will be required to travel to the USPTA World Conference for a week to shoot and record educational seminars, specialty courses, and other related content.
40-hour work week, M-F 8:30-5:00. Medical/dental/401k benefits and paid time off (PTO). Also enjoy free court time at the USTA National Campus. Receive discounts on tennis apparel and equipment from Tennis Warehouse. Thrive in a bright, beautiful workspace with team-building events and special summer hours. This is the ultimate job for a tennis-loving videophile!
The USPTA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The USPTA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, and recall, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The USPTA expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of USPTA employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Job Type: Full-time
Send resume to Human Resources at Careers@USPTA.org. No phone calls please.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance