Public Relations Coordinator
The United States Professional Tennis Association (USPTA) is seeking to fill the position of Public Relations Coordinator with a highly motivated and team-oriented individual who will oversee publicity efforts for the USPTA National Office. Successful candidates must have the ability to produce and edit quality communications content, including press releases, feature stories and talking points for a variety of audiences and platforms (print, web, video) consistent with the Association’s mission and values. The person in this position will also develop and implement annual media plans and manage social media accounts. The USPTA is the world's largest association of tennis-teaching professionals and the only association fully accredited by the USTA. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Serve as primary staff writer, including speeches, press releases, feature stories and editorial content.
- Serve as primary editor for the association’s ADDvantage monthly magazine.
- Manage press release distribution.
- Maintain the newsroom and ADDvantage Magazine sections of the USPTA website.
- Prepare and distribute monthly membership e-newsletter.
- Maintain and develop social media channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and Youtube.
- Build and maintain relationships with tennis media, including print, online and television.
- Support USPTA staff as needed.
- Superior writing and editing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Teamwork capacity
- Strong organizational skills
- Time management
- Critical thinking skills
- Strategic thinking
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, public relations or related field
- Minimum 2-5 years of public relations or communications experience
- Exceptional knowledge of public relations/communications strategies
- Advanced computer knowledge including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Skilled in all forms of social media
- Knowledge/experience using AP style guides
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- Tennis playing/coaching experience
- Database Management
This role has no supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and typical hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change based on the needs of the office or strengths of the candidate at any time with or without notice
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The USPTA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The USPTA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The USPTA expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of USPTA employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.