Take charge of your career and earning potential in the racquets sports business. Become a certified USPTA Director of Racquet Sports delivered through the University of Florida.
The USPTA has partnered with the University of Florida (UF) and the United States Tennis Association (USTA) to provide certified tennis professionals with an educational curriculum focused on developing the business and leadership competencies require to successfully manage a tennis and racquet sports operation. The USPTA Director of Racquet Sports Certification Program curriculum was developed by a committee of leading industry professionals and an educational advisor and is intended to create an educational pathway to leadership for tennis professionals.
The USPTA Director of Racquet Sports Certification Program is focused on developing the business and leadership competencies required to successfully manage a tennis and racquets operation, whether in a private club, commercial setting or public recreation setting. Certified tennis professionals are being given, through this program, an education in leadership and business and a way to verify that education through a certification exam. Upon successful completion of all requirements, professionals will earn the designation of certified Director of Racquet Sports from the USPTA.
Success in business depends on many factors, including: a unique and differentiated value proposition for the consumer, a strong internal business culture, a prudent business plan, a passionate connected team, an intentional marketing strategy and proper capitalization. Yet, even when all these attributes are present, the single greatest influence on whether a business will be successful, and therefore, profitable for the long haul depends on its leader. Leaders, especially great leaders, and, therefore, great racquet sports directors, are the sing most important influence on any club or tennis business's ability to succeed, and the industry's most difficult challenge is identifying, cultivating, and putting in place qualified leaders.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The course is being taught completely online through the UF Canvas online learning management system. Students are expected to view all course lectures and readings and complete all assignments through UF Canvas. Students should adhere to the UF polices regarding academic misconduct.
The comprehensive educational curriculum is constructed to be fully self-directed though, also, interactive with peers, through use of a unique, private, social media-type website. Students are taught through education modules, problem-based, critiqued and graded projects and a certification mid-term and final exam.
The course modules in order are as follows:
• Module One - Introduction to the Role of Director of Racquet Sports
• Module Two - Tennis History and Knowledge
• Module Three - Complementary Racquet Sports
• Module Four - Facilities and Operations
• Module Five - Technology
• Module Six - Maximizing your Brand Personality
• Module Seven - Human Capital, Culture & Leadership
• Module Eight - Finance and Accounting
• Module Nine - Marketing and Sales
• Module Ten - The Customer and Member Experience
The fee for the course is $2,395. No fee is paid during the application process, but only upon course registration, after acceptance.
To submit an application to the USPTA Director of Racquet Sports certification program, click on the button below and submit the following documents:
• A cover letter outlining how you are a suitable candidate for the certification and your career aspirations.
• A professional resume that includes: Elite-level certification in good standing with the USPTA, at least three years of experience teaching tennis or a complementary racquet sport as a professional.
• A letter of recommendation from a superior explaining their evaluation of your leadership capability. The letter should include their role, their relationship with you and in what capacity that your have worked with.
Register for Director of Racquet Sports Certification Program
Get more information and become an influencer in tennis TODAY!
For further information, contact Kim Bastable, USPTA, University of Florida Director of Professional Tennis Management: