Upgrading from Tennis
Instructor to Professional
Certified Tennis Instructors may upgrade to Certified Professionals
by remitting payment of the one-time application fee of $399 and completing the
necessary education. Required education includes completion of Teaching
Essentials-2 and Teaching Essentials-3.
If you would like to upgrade, give membership department a call to pay the application fee and the difference in dues to get the upgrade process started!
For more information on the
Professional certification requirements, CLICK
Professional to Elite Professional
The Elite certification level was designed for Professionals who wish to take their careers to the next level. This category is for those interested in becoming head professionals and/or directors of tennis.
In order to obtain Elite status, members must have completed the following:
- Having previously scored Elite level on the certification exam – private lesson, group lesson, stroke production, and grip.
- Pass the online Elite stroke analysis exam with a score of at least 75 percent. The time limit is 20 minutes to complete the exam.
- Pass the multiple choice and written portions of the online Elite exam with a score of at least 75 percent. The time limit is 90 minutes to complete the exam.
Watch three specialty courses and one webinar on tennisresources.com. Required courses are:
- Using Your Coaching Skills in a Manager's Role (specialty course)
- Tennis Business Management (specialty course)
- Management: a Learned Skill (specialty course)
- Accounting 101 webinar
*These 4 videos are included in the Elite Upgrade fee and not to purchase them separately on Tennis Resources.*
These courses will help the Professional prepare for the Elite written exam and provide the required education credits.
The upgrade fee is $125.00. Anyone interested can call the Membership Department at 407-634-3050 and register for the upgrade exam.
Click here for upgrade review materials (login required).
USPTA Affiliates interested in becoming Tennis Instructors can do so by attending the two-day Teaching Essentials 1 workshop, completing USTA Safe Play training online and passing a background screening.
To learn more about becoming a Tennis Instructor call the Membership Department at 407-634-3050. Thank you.