Professional to Elite Professional - Must Apply by December 31, 2020 and Complete by March 31, 2021
The Elite certification level was designed for Professionals who wish to take their careers to the next level. This category is for those interested in becoming head professionals and/or directors of tennis.
The revised Elite exam went into effect on Jan. 1, 2017. The new requirements are:
- Score Elite level on the certification exam – private lesson, group lesson, stroke production, and grip.
- Pass the online Elite stroke analysis exam with a score of at least 75 percent. The time limit is 20 minutes to complete the exam.
- Pass the multiple choice and written portions of the online Elite exam with a score of at least 75 percent. The time limit is 90 minutes to complete the exam.
Watch three specialty courses and one webinar on tennisresources.com. Required courses are:
- Using Your Coaching Skills in a Manager's Role (specialty course)
- Tennis Business Management (specialty course)
- Management: a Learned Skill (specialty course)
- Accounting 101 webinar
These courses will help the Professional prepare for the Elite written exam and provide the required education credits.
The upgrade fee is $125.00. Anyone interested can call the Membership Department at 800-877-8248 and register for the upgrade exam.
Click here for upgrade review materials (login required).
Recreational Coach to Tennis Instructor
Recreational Coaches interested in becoming Tennis Instructors can do so by attending the two-day Teaching Essentials 1 workshop, completing USTA Safe Play training online and passing a background screening.
Recreational Coaches have until June 30, 2021, to convert to Tennis Instructors. On July 1, 2021, all remaining Recreational Coaches will be classified as Tennis Instructor Applicant Members.