Professional to Elite Professional
The Elite certification level was designed for Professionals who wish to take their careers to the next level. This category is for those interested in becoming head professionals and/or directors of tennis.
The revised Elite exam went into effect on Jan. 1, 2017. The new requirements are:
- Score Elite level on the certification exam – private lesson, group lesson, stroke production, and grip.
- Pass the online Elite stroke analysis exam with a score of at least 75 percent. The time limit is 20 minutes to complete the exam.
- Pass the multiple choice and written portions of the online Elite exam with a score of at least 75 percent. The time limit is 90 minutes to complete the exam.
Watch three specialty courses and one webinar on tennisresources.com. Required courses are:
- Using Your Coaching Skills in a Manager's Role (specialty course)
- Tennis Business Management (specialty course)
- Management: a Learned Skill (specialty course)
- Accounting 101 webinar
These courses will help the Professional prepare for the Elite written exam and provide the required education credits.
The upgrade fee is $109.95. Anyone interested can call the Membership Department at 800-877-8248 and register for the upgrade exam.
Click here for upgrade review materials (login required).
Recreational Coach to Professional
- If you are interested in upgrading from Recreational Coach, you must pay the application fee of $175. Once this fee has been paid, we will email the study materials, PTCA I, to you. You also need to pay the difference between Recreational Coach and Professional dues. Please contact the Membership Department for your dues amount.
- At that time, you can register for the exam. Click here for a complete list of test dates. You will receive an email of confirmation for the exam, including site information.
- Test results take 4 to 6 weeks to process. They are mailed via USPS.
If you took the Professional-level exam and received a Recreational Coach rating, you will receive an eligibility date for when you can attempt to upgrade. To prepare for the exam, study the portions on which you received the RC rating. You will only need to retake those portions.
Click here to access the upgrade materials (login required).