Master Professional is the highest recognition offered by the USPTA. It is reserved for those members that have demonstrated mastery of all aspects of tennis teaching and management, as well as achievements over the course of their career. Master Professional applicants must have held Elite Professional rating for 10 years and completed 80 hours of specialty courses.
Master Professional applications must include an electronic portfolio for review by the Master Professional Selection Committee.
The Master Professional Selection Committee would like to commend you on your interest in pursuing the highest level of certification the USPTA has to offer. Your desire to achieve Master Professional status speaks to your dedication to become the best tennis professional you can. Your students and fellow professionals will certainly reap the benefits.
Some of you may be nearing eligibility to complete the Master Professional application. Others may simply be reviewing the application in preparation for the future. Regardless of where you are in your journey, we offer you these tips for your quest to become a USPTA Master Professional:
1. Don’t wait until you apply to collect documentation of all your accomplishments. Save these files (articles, tips, volunteer positions, etc.) for you records so they are easily accessible when it comes time to apply.
2. Many tennis publications are always looking for educational pieces. Don’t be shy! Submit tips, drills and articles to ADDvantage Magazine, your division’s newsletter or other accepted tennis publications. This will earn you points in Section 2 of your application.
3. Reach out to your local or regional USPTA or USTA leadership to inquire about a role for yourself. This will earn you points in Section 3 of your application.
4. Attend your local and division conferences. You’ll earn Section 5 points and it will grow your network and open doors that may help your career.
5. Start taking specialty courses early on in your tennis career. They’re offered online, at division conferences, as well as the World Conference. Applicants need a total of 80 hours (about 20 courses).
Finally, we encourage you to reach out to a Master Professional if you seek any further advice or wisdom on completing your Master Professional application.
All the best,
Master Professional Committee
Master Professional application
Creating an electronic scrapbook (PDF)
All electronic scrapbooks must be received by May 1, 2023, for committee review and presentation at the 2023 USPTA World Conference. Scrapbooks sent after this date will be returned to the sender. Should you have any additional questions please reach out to Master Professional liaison Fred Viancos via email at firstname.lastname@example.org